Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August 17th--Trunk-a-size me president!

Hey all you amazing people I love so much!!
Thank you for "enduring to the end" and keeping up with all my emails!! You all have been truly amazing and a priceless support while I've been out here! 
BTW, sorry that I didnt send something out yesterday, we got to meet with a General Authority and start the new mission off with a Spiritual bang! 


This week has been no less than amazing, busy, crazy, etc.. 
I have to say though. I have really really grown to start understanding just how "in the hands of the Lord" things are here, it's been pretty amazing. 

The weeks before and at the start of the week, we had three on date for baptism for this Saturday, the 29th. It was weird to find that we couldnt find anybody else home, except those that had this baptismal date. Both of us had the feeling that the Lord was making sure that we were using our time in the best way, especially to help them progress this last week. When they were baptized, then we felt that the Lord would have everyone else in our teaching pool ready to talk more often with us.
As the week went on, two of the three fell off date, and just what we felt started happening. People that we hadnt had contact with for a week started really wanting to talk with us regularly, people who had disappeared reappeared, and we found some really cool people who have so much potential. AMAZING just how the Lord works. And we dont understand a sliver of what He does! 


Grace is still on date for this upcoming Saturday. All four of us are counting down the days!!!!! It has been an absolute blessing to have been here and teaching her, and seeing the Spirit work with both her and her husband. It's going to be a FUN week! 


Feels like eternity ago (just Wednesday)...but WE GOT TO WRESTLE COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such a fun service opportunity. 
Our task was to wrestle the calfs and do all the fun stuff you get to do to them, like de-horning, giving shots, etc.. So half of that time, we were wading though shoe-high amounts of manure! Short to saw, it was a lot of fun!


So yesterday instead of P-day, we got to have a visit with a General Authority, Elder Packer (son of President Packer), to start things in the new mission on a super Spiritual level. SO GOOD! ...except the fact of President going all out in every opportunity to state that I'm the oldest one in the mission and going home really soon. WOOOO!!! I guess this is what all old missionaries feel right about now! 
The work here is so amazing right now, I am so grateful I have to blessing to end my mission and start my life here! 


That's about all that I can get onto a message right now. I love you all and hope for the best these upcoming weeks! I look forward to seeing all of you! 

I testify that this is the work of the Lord. I love serving and look forward to the opportunities that lay ahead of me. I testify of Christ and His Gospel. And invite you all well to "Come and see." 

Abrasos!



--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment