Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hola de kennewick Washington!!
How is everything going down there?! Everything is very good here in Kennewick! Lots have happened in the week, lots of fun and exciting things throughout the week.
Thanksgiving was great!! We had a lunchish dinner with the Branch President, President Hernandez. Both him and his family are really awesome and nice. And they really enjoy making both Hispanic food as well as American food, so we actually had a more American Thanksgiving, with a things here and there of Hispanic. So we had turkey, shepherds pie, potatoes, green beans...etc. Then you can add Tapatio and Valentina on anything and everything. XD We then played Apples to Apples with the Hermanas and the wife. ...not to brag or anything, but I destroyed with 25 cards..*cough cough*
We also had a very good branch Thanksgiving program. And now with that over, I thought that everything would be much easier and back to normal, but we are actually going to be doing the Christmas program as well. And now that they heard me sing my song for the last one, I'm now singing 4 songs for the Christmas program. One being "Mary did you Know," one of my all-time favorites!! So I'm always busy with the work, then with this program, but it will be a whole lot of fun! I really love singing! And the Branch is not yet sick of my voice, so it's a win win situation. XD
The language is still coming along. I'm able to get sentences a little better, but I still have a while to go. Both my companion and I are reading out loud the Book of Mormon. Which really helps with pronunciation as well as understanding and vocabulary. It will come!
The work is really growing here. The people are really amazing! Some are not at all open to hear a message, and others have been prepared. It still amazes me how amazing this work is! There are so many miracles that happen each day! Some in small ways, some in huge ways.
Filiberto is one of our progressing investigators. He has really grown a huge interest in what we discuss with him. When we knock on the door, he stops everything that he is doing and has a strong desire to learn more. Especially when friends are over, he stops like a movie, and introduces us, then voices out that they should really listen to us.
The other day, we taught the Plan of Salvation to him. He was really asking good questions and really understood the whole lesson. Questions and problems that we wanted to discuss were brought up by HIM after our lesson, (no coincidences) and many things were made clear for him. His friend then walked into his house. And Filiberto sat him down, introduced us, and started teaching the lesson we just taught him. (We had the little diagram of the plan of salvation laid out on the floor). Now through that lesson, we have another investigator!
Another thing happened last night while tracing. We were about to stop, when one of the last doors we knocked was an 18-year old by the name of Crystal. Who had many many questions about just about everything. She was more than open to have us return tomorrow to start teaching the Plan of Salvation as well. 8-o-clock miracles! Love em!
The work is going really well! I am really enjoying everything. The seasons are again changing. It hasent snowed yet, but it looks like it's on its way. I miss you all and pray for all of you each night! Thank you for helping me and supporting me as I do the Lord's work! 



--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment