Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May 2014

Good morning everyone!! It's time for another update on your favorite missionary!!!!! ....he's not here yet, so I guess I'll just go ahead and write mine as well.

But this week has been a really fun and rather crazy one...and most of the things that happened, happened yesterday...talk about a miracle!! And I'll get back to that day in a second! 


The week started out really good! We had the opportunity to go to Pasco and take part in our Zone Conference, which happens every other transfer (then the opposite is interviews and the Temple P-Day). This was just an amazing experience and the Spirit was found in abundance. I was fully edified as many of my questions, doubts, and concerns were addressed directly through every possible way! It was a really amazing experience. 
The focus in each part of the conference varied a little, but a lot of it was on my training that I gave for the Zone Meeting. A lot of further light came through many of the training of the AP's and President Ware. But I was thinking through the whole thing "Let me make you all that you can be." That quotation is just something that really hit me hard when I found and thought about it. 

We also did some real plays of the subject of inspired questions to further help our Brothers and Sisters help understand, what we call the 4 Principles: Jesus Christ is our Savior, The 1 Vision was true, The Priesthood was Restored, and that the Book of Mormon is a true witness of our Lord and Savior. 
I was in a group with AP Eldre Bahram. And I took the role as the missionary, and the Elder who took the role of the investigator was trying to throw many things and doubts at us. I was surprised how the lesson turned out, as we allowed the Spirit to help us know the right question to allow Him to teach the investigator. It was the second lesson after we committed him to read out of the Restoration Booklet, and by the end, we invited him to be baptized. 
The biggest thing that really stood out is why would we not let a member of the Godhead teach? It just blows my mind as I think about that....why wouldn't we want Him to help us?! 



That brings me to want to talk about Yesterday (Sunday). That was by far one of the coolest days that I've been here in Mattawa! We doubled and tripled many of our numbers and meetings with people in that small amount of time after church, than in the whole week! 
But one lesson really stuck out to me. 
We had this potential (one who said that we could come back) that wasnt in our views, that solid. But we knocked on the door, and they let us in as they said if we came back Sunday. I have to say that we were a little rusty from the very beginning. I dont think that we were really expecting to get in, or that we really havent taught in that fast of a way in a while. But as we started talking with them and sharing things in the message of the Restoration, I said a little prayer in my head, something like, "Father, I am so sorry that we aren't doing our best right now. But if you could help us and really bring the Holy Spirit to help us out...that would be great." 
We go through to the end of the history of Joseph Smith and his experience. And we asked them what they thought of it. The mother thought that it was very beautiful and somthing that she would want to know if it was true. When we asked the daughter, she clearly said nothing more than, "It's true." 
The Spirit just hit both of us. It was really amazing to see what the Spirit is able to when we show that we need Him. 
This is not my/our work. I know that with every ounce of my Soul. If God wanted this done, He could easily do it Himself. But Hi knows that as we act in faith as instruments in His hands, our faith will grow, and our desires will change. "Increase our vision, change our attitude, act in faith." 


I am grateful for the blessing that I has been each day to be here. I can never...and will never stop saying that! Missions are the best, and it has truly made me who I really want to be for the rest of my life! 

I love you all and hope for the best!

-The vineyard Laborer
--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment