Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14th

Good afternoon and hello from the WKM!!! This week has been a blast!! Even with the crazy heat, we're still here and with huge smiles!!

So the Transfer calls and transfers have really made things a little harder during the week. I had no idea what was in store, whether I would be heading out or staying. And to add to that, I had no idea whether I wanted to head out or stay. But I know that I can trust in the Lord fully to know where I am needed and what I need to learn.
For me, He chose to keep both of us, Myself and Elder Ribeiro, in Mattawa. Although our district is a little different.... Our District leader is going home, and his companion is doubling out as well. They will be replaced with sisters, and one of the other sisters is getting a new companion. ...pretty crazy.
Although we were all the way in Mattawa, we really could feel the tension that Royal City was having, especially with our District Leader. Let's just say that he has loved every moment of his mission and by far is the last person on earth to want to leave.
But with all that, it left a really large gap and an opening as a District Leader...one of us.... To be continued.... No,
I have been asked to serve as the District Leader for the upcoming transfer. (Or with the others being sisters, a "Sistrict Leader," or "Relief Society President."
I dont really know what to expect with this calling, but I know that I defiantly cant do it without the Lord's help. So I am super excited to see what this upcoming transfer has to offer! I am super excited for everyone that is SO close to Baptism! These people, our wonderful brothers and sisters are so amazing!!

But things are going really well here in the WKM and Mattawa. This week has been a little hard with the World cup and the final fight for the cherrys. We have had a little less number of lessons and visits with people, which have been a really amazing and frustrating lesson for me.
Still within my first year, I have still been used to the amazing miracles of a larger number of visits to many different people. With the change in the working season, it has brought different circumstances for just about everyone. Here, everyone works at the same place, and has the same scheduled. When I got here in the mission, they all werent working, now they are all in full swing of work, and that has been something hard for me to get. I have been so used to running around with something to do every second. And if I didnt, I really felt like I was doing something wrong and waisting time, but to my joy, I have a fantastic companion that has really really helped me learn so much!
We went through all our potential visits from 12-4 in about 10 minutes. And we stopped for a second and went to the Seminary Building to discuss and learn something. We had a short time to discuss things that are happening, then both of us kneeled and said a prayer for Heavenly Father to help us know His will for the next few hours.
We then took the time to look at our list from Weekly Planning, then write on the board the names that stick out to us.
Within only a minute, the white board was filled with names, and we planned out how we were going to do things. We left after watering up, and every minute was filled for the rest of that evening.
I know that this is His work. And when we are on the Lord's errand, we are entitled to His help and companionship. It is so amazing to see the hand of the Lord! It has been a little hard for me and my battling of wills and desires. I know that His thoughts are higher than mine. I am so grateful for the priceless blessing to be here in His vineyard, helping our brothers and sisters and His children!

This week has just been amazing! It's hot, humid, and a blast!! I am grateful for the chance that I have to be here for another transfer, as well to serve as the Relief Society President. This is going to be a great transfer!! I will keep all of you up to date on all of our wonderful brothers and sisters that are coming unto Christ!!
I love you all and pray for you all! Hope that your week is going to be just great!!
Lesqiero,

--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment