Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 2nd

HELLO!!!!! How is everyone doing?! 

Things here in the WKM are moving forward! I'm still here and loving the work!! It's the last week of the transfer, so we're really excited to see what we can do to finish the transfer off amazingly!! 


Nothing too exciting this week in terms of crazy mission stories. ...well, might take that back...more of too many fun/funny/amazing mission stories that I'll have to save and share for a later date!! I love my mission! Really are one of the greatest ways to build ourselves!! 


The work is really moving forward. We're just moving along with it and working to build ourselves and making the many changes to ourselves and our work. I've grown a strong testimony of change and how it...changes us. I could go on forever in all the amazing experiences that I've had with it so far, and some of them I have, but I KNOW that these results that we've been able to see whether it be by ourselves or through others is from on High! 


I do wish to share an experience we were able to have. It was a rather humbling one as we took the time to look at it at the end of the day as a whole. 
We had a really busy day a few days ago, planned with an appointment every or every other hour. ...super good!! Starting with our first appointment, we passed a man working in his car, we just passed by and tried by our appointment, who wasnt there. We spent the next couple hours having all our appointments drop, one by one. We decided to try by our first appointment again (being 3 hours later), and when we passed by, the same man was there working on his car, now even more torn apart. We said hello and commented on the car, but kept on walking along to try our appointment, who again wasnt there. We then returned out to the other appointments we had set for the later afternoon, and every one of them also dropped (werent there). We decided to go back (after another few hours) and try our first appointment. Passing by, we had a direct thought that there was a direct coordination with us denying starting a conversation with this man and why we havent been able to find too much success. We decided our main focus for this third time was to talk with him (also fearing the usual result of denying something three times!). Valentin was his name, and his family had talked to the missionaries before. We got talking for a good 20 minutes...a really good conversation. 
It makes me so overjoyed to know that we can be placed in situations and places to help and extend our hands to everyone around us. And I'm especially grateful for the amazing help that our Father in Heaven gives us, and me, to be lead and realize the who and the how of sharing the Gospel. I'm very grateful for His persistence!! 


Thank you so much for everything that all of you do!! I love you all! Keep being amazing!
I hope that your week is amazing and is full of great stories and valuable lessons!! 

Abracitos!

--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment