Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 9th--transfers--again

Hello everyone!!

This has been a really cool week for us here in the WKM!! Things are moving forward in the amazing work of the Lord! 


This week's been a lot of fun to say the least!! Lots of really cool stuff happening everyday...now the only problem is being able to get it all out in a way that makes sense on paper (or email!) 

We've been working really hard this week to end the transfer the best that we can. It's amazing to look back from the beginning and see the progression that we've made, and all the amazing things that we'll be focusing for the upcoming transfer. 

In terms of transfers and calls, I'll be staying here with Elder Myers! I'm really glad that neither of us are going to be heading out...way too much fun, and so many amazing things are happening!! 

The work of the Lord truly is one of the best places to be! So many amazing people here that have been prepared by the hand of the Lord to receive His Gospel. I had a really good personal study this morning in the scriptures on missionary work. It's mornings like this that just make me even more excited for the work I'm a part of.
One of the topics that came up in my mind was Charity. it's amazing to see just how focused the scriptures are in having us build this attribute. One of the Book of Mormon prophets invited and asked us to pray for it everyday, that we may be filled with this love, this charity. I've found some really amazing points to this, especially as a missionary! Just knowing that God is our Heavenly Father, starts us on a long journey of learning how we may be filled with this Charity. I've found that His love for me is so huge!! BUT, I've found that He loves everyone just as much as he loves me. And as a representative of Christ, what am I {AND YOU} doing to bring and show that love to everyone we meet, no matter how, why, what, or when. 
Are we caught up being the "Other prodigal son?" (BTW, Elder Holland gives a talk on that, VERY good). I'll leave that thought very open for all of you to think of (Applying to the parable of the Prodigal son in the Bible).  
I love Charity!! ...or I have charity for charity.....or something like that!! jaja!!


I love you all and hope that you can feel that wherever you are! I hope that everything works out for each of you, the goals that you are working on and everything that's happening in your life. Work hard and have a blast doing it! Especially if and when you're in the service of God! 

TesQiero!


--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment