Thursday, April 30, 2015

March 23rd

Sorry for the late message everyone, but HOW ARE ALL OF YOU??!!
I'm doing pretty fantastic here!! It's a great day to be a missionary!! 
...if you cant tell, still have the fresh energy and excitement that comes from going to the temple!! It's been a really good day. We got to start off things over at the Columbia River Temple, ate lunch at Costa Vida, then got some stuff at Far West bookstore. And now I'm here!! What can get better?! 


This week has been filled with so many amazing miracles, it's been really crazy. ...and now is the moment where I ACTUALLY cant think of where to start! 

Our week started off with a zone conference (that's the one with the Mission President). We had some awesome trainings, and left with the energy we needed to keep fighting strong! so many miracles have followed!! 

We had a crazy cool lesson of the side of the road with a brother that called us out while we were walking. As we were walking a little ways away, he stopped for a second and yelled "Give me a sermon!!" At first we thought that he was kinda poking fun at us, but as we met, we found that he was dead serious. We then had a really good discussion about the message we share, the restoration of the Gospel of Christ. He has A LOT of faith in Christ, and we feel that he can be very prepared , so we're really excited to meet him at his house tomorrow and get to know him a little better!!

Lots of other awesome lesson and street miracles happened throughout the week!! The work really is moving forward, and it's a blast to be a part of it!! 


Finishing last week, and starting this week with the blessing of going to the temple is one of the best things on earth!! That, and everything last week that led up to it has gotten me thinking of just how much the Gospel blesses families. I know that the restored gospel brings blessings, available now and in eternity, to families as they strive to develop stronger relationships and spiritual strength with each other. With the help of Christ and His teachings, the trials that we face each day can be lifted, and I'm able to see that every day! 
My thoughts on our Father in Heaven last week has led me as well to think on the ability that we have, in a smaller sense, to grow families of our own. No wonder they are the most important social unit in time and eternity, because they're ordained of God. A place to learn and apply the principles of the Gospel, a place of refuge and safety, a location where the Spirit of the Lord can dwell and feelings of peach, joy, and happiness can abide. 
My joy is full to think as well on the amazing blessings that come to those families after they enter into the waters of baptism. Through the Priesthood authority that God has once again brought to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith, families can be sealed for all time and eternity, or in other words, they will be without and end. We can live with our families for all eternity, and that one of the greatest blessings I have come to grow my testimony on! I love my family and hope nothing lower than that, to be with them and feel that joy for all of eternity! 

I have a testimony that this is the work of the Lord. I know He lives, and I know that His blessings are real!  
I love you all and hope for the best as each of you go out through this upcoming week! iDios les bendiga!



--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment