Wednesday, December 10, 2014

One to remember

Good afternoon everyone!!!
For starters, transfers!! Cause I know that all of you are dying to know!!
SO, I'll leave that for the end of the email today!!

This week has been one to remember!! I have just loved every moment that we had to continue meeting and helping our investigators. So many are SO close and have such an amazing and dedicated desire to apply the Gospel into their lives!

...ok...I really cant hold it in any more!!!!!
TRANSFERS!!!
So...I really didnt know what to expect when it came to exactly what was going to happen. I mad some guesses a little earlier, and I was right...but got most of the people wrong!
So we will be doubling out of Mattawa (Both Ribeiro and I will be leaving), and replaced with one who's the new DL and training.
Elder Ribeiro will be going to Wanache (his old area), and I will be going up to Yakima with Elder Tanner. "I'll go where You want me to go, dear Lord!" I've also been doing some research, and if I'm correct, I'll be DL over there, as well as "greenie busting" Elder Tanner. That simply means that I'll be the first companion right after his training. SENIOR COMP WHAAAAAA?!?!?!?! ....have no idea how it's going to be, but I'm excited to see what it will be like. The biggest challenge will be the Spanish...I think...but I know that it will progress pretty fast!
I really have been amazing and grateful for the progression that I have seen in my Spanish in just the last 6 months...not to brag. But It's been really cool to see that I can understand about 95%, and I think that my speaking has really grown as well! I'm really excited to see what's in store over in Yakima, there are a lot of good, cool, and fun stories that came from over there. Both from members and missionaries.
I'm excited!!!!

We had the last District Meeting of the transfer earlier in the week. I have really grown to love preparing and doing the meetings! The District has been really amazing!! I've had a lot of fun acting out the play we made. Then for this one, I made a bunch of broadway-style theatre tickets for the play we made to help with one of the themes of the meeting. It's just been so much fun!! It's going to be bad saying goodbye later today as well as at the transfer site. Arg!
That and members and investigators, it's the worst to say goodbye!! We started yesterday saying goodbye to many of them...not very fun! And the hard thing as well is their desire to feed us until we cant eat anymore...then do that 8 times with all the people you see throughout the day. "Hermana, voy a explotar!!" "No importa Elder, Coma, mas!!"

There's been some thoughts on how the new missionaries will take many of our investigators, and other situations, but I know that this is happening for a reason! And I KNOW that the new missionaries will do AMAZING!! They're just what the Doctor ordered!!

On that note, it's really hard to think of what else to put down....
We've been continually working with Vicente and many other amazing friends. And things are really growing as miracles continue to come! I love each of them and have strong faith that they will move forward with even more miracles as they study and apply the teachings of the Gospel!

I love you all!!! I'm super excited for what's up for both myself and all of you!! Keep moving forward and love what you do!!!

Abrasitos!! CHAO!!

--
Elder Glen Wright Washing Kennewick Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment